The makers of the SPAM Brand bring ‘good tidings’ with the official launch of their limited-edition SPAM Figgy Pudding.
The new seasonal variety is now available while supplies last at SPAM.com, Amazon.com and Walmart.com, and features a blend of warm spices and popular seasonal ingredients that will have SPAM® Brand lovers caroling all season long.
A savory, sweet and comforting treat, SPAM Figgy Pudding evokes a sense of nostalgia and warmth, taking consumers back to their favorite memories from holidays past.
According to a new survey commissioned by the makers of the SPAM Brand, two in three US consumers want to recreate the holiday magic of their favorite childhood memories.
And while 69% of consumers surveyed know what Figgy Pudding is or have heard of it, only 17% have had it before.
The SPAM Brand team wanted to change this.
The brand has taken this holiday classic, and seemingly mystical dish, and placed its familiar flavors into the iconic little blue can.
The variety features cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and cloves, along with popular winter flavor profiles like fig and orange flavors – the perfect addition to sacred family recipes or tasty new traditions.
Some simple and complimentary dishes to try with SPAM Figgy Pudding include spiced Dutch baby pancakes, crispy skewers and festive charcuterie board bites.
Still asking “What is Figgy Pudding?”
The SPAM Brand has also created a soon to be classic animation and song to reintroduce consumers to this holiday treat.
The brand has assembled all the classic holiday characters including Santa, reindeer, elves, a yeti and, of course, the holiday hog to sing, “We Wish You A Figgy Christmas.”
Decked out on a stage inside of a snow globe, viewers will watch as these icons struggle to explain figgy pudding but, still, just can’t get past its delicious flavor. Click here to view.
Each purchase includes a two-pack of 12oz cans at a suggested retail price of $10.
For additional inspiration on how to best serve SPAM Figgy Pudding, visit www.spam.com/figgypudding.
Spiced Dutch Baby Pancake with SPAM Figgy Pudding and Cranberry Butter
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Figgy Pudding, cubed and browned
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- Maple syrup, if desired
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add milk, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk 2 to 3 minutes or until well combined and batter is smooth.
- In 10-inch cast iron skillet, over medium-high heat, melt butter. Pour batter into pan and scatter ½ of the SPAM Figgy Pudding cubes over the top.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Top with remaining SPAM Figgy Pudding cubes.
- In small bowl, combine butter and cranberry sauce.
- Serve with cranberry butter, powdered sugar and maple syrup, if desired.